Thursday, October 6, 2016

Black and white Photographers 3




The first thing that caught my eye was that the pictures both have a lot of things going on in the background which makes it more interesting to look at. The photo on the left is a very popular photo by Robert Doisneau and i have seen it before in many museums about world wars and there is also a famous statue in Washington DC and Hawaii which i have seen both before.

Photo on the far left:
1. I see soldiers coming home with smiles of happiness and content on there face. In the middle of the picture i see a man and women being reunited after a long time and showing there happiness of seeing each other through kissing.
2. I smell alcohol from the celebration of winning the war and the smoke from confetti being shot into the air. I also smell the dirty stale air of a down town populated city in the 1900's
3. I hear cars driving down town and beeping there horns at the traffic. I also hear the cheers from other people congratulation the soldiers on there big win and being able to come in.
4. I taste spit being passed between the two people.
5. I fell excitement and the powerfulness of the soldiers coming home. I can also feel the energy and electricity of the soldiers finally seeing there loved ones and being able to come home.

Photo on the far right: 
1. I see the  Eiffel tower shooting up into the sky in the far left of the picture. I also see kids and families enjoying a nice day out in the heat by the river.
2. I smell the fresh water from the river and the sunscreen being applied to fair skinned kids back along with it being sprayed. I smell the fresh french bread cooking in a near by bakery along with the smell of yeast.
3. I hear the water splash as kids make cannon balls into the river and splashing each other in the face. I can her the conversation and the kids scream of delight. behind me i can hear the cars drive by as i take a picture by the bridge.
4. I taste the french bread in the air and the water in my mouth as i splash into the water.
5. I feel the cold fresh water from the river on my skin as the people jump into it. I also feel the nice warm sun beat down on me from high above.

To show the whole school what a great photographer Robert Doisneau is i would like to do something that catches peoples eyes. Something the pops which is why i want to create a poster. I want to use a colorful poster that will make his photos pop especially since most of his photos are black and white. Instead of posting one picture i want to put several pictures on the poster to show his variety and many of the good pictures Robert has taken.



No comments:

Post a Comment